2017 has had its ups and downs for all sorts of reasons. On the one hand, terrorist attacks in my home country of the United Kingdom seem to be becoming more regular; the DUP are in power in our national government; and Donald Trump became President of the United States. On the other hand, well… not a lot springs to mind at the moment.
On a personal level, I’ve been having a bit of a rough time. The following things have happened to me in the first six months of 2017:
- I damaged my back during an intense session on a rowing machine
- I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured and bled in to my abdomen
- I chipped one of my front teeth
- My friend committed suicide
- One of my closest friends cut me out of her life
- My grandfather passed away
- I became suicidal and almost took my own life
- I was informed that my ruptured ovarian cyst has not gone away and therefore I may have to have surgery to remove it
- I accidentally trapped my hand in a George Foreman grill and fried my knuckles
- I dropped my phone and smashed the screen
- My job is in jeopardy
Despite all of this, I’m actually doing alright. As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I have been put on new antidepressants and they are actually working. For the first time ever, I have been able to function without being completely plagued by suicidal thoughts, anxiety attacks and severe depression 24/7. My anxiety and depression very much still exist but the symptoms have been reduced. The tablets also appear to have helped with my Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which is fantastic! My overall quality of life, in this respect, has improved tremendously. I also went on holiday to both Lisbon and Barcelona with Mr Helfy and had a wonderful time.
So that’s my 2017 thus far. I hope that I’m due some good luck soon. How has it been for you?